Distraction-free Workplace - Escape Standups and Scrum - Perl Developer West London
West London, UK (see more)
Inline with experience
Personally, I love Agile and Scrum. But it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. Some people yearn for being given a two-week task, going away, and getting it done well by themselves, or in consultation with highly technical and well-read colleagues.
Client is a small development team where everyone is expected to pull their own weight. No daily standups, no planning poker, just you and your work, aided by some of the most experienced technical colleagues in London. You’ll be encouraged to make sensible use of Modern Perl tooling and grow your personal experience of best development practices under excellent technical leadership.
Work environment is very professional, very corporate, but technical excellence and doing things the right way are looked upon very favourably. This would be the great role for a journeyman (or journeywoman, but I don’t think that’s a real word) Perl Developer who’s made a big individual contribution in their current role, but wants to get started on their masterpiece.
One of a small number of companies where I advise clients to interview all candidates with a spell at this company on their CV, because I know they’ll be well-versed in best practices, and getting stuff done.
Based in leafy South West London, on the London Overground, and open to anyone with an existing right to work in the UK/EU.
Skills and Experience
- You’ll need to be very comfortable with Modern Perl, and that means you’ll need to have meaningful opinions about (and experience with) Moose, Plack, DBIx::Class, Test::More, and at least one Perl MVC framework
- The company has a microservice architecture, so you’ll have strong architectural skills, think about problems in terms of APIs and queues, and have exposure to recent DevOps practices
About the Client
Very well-known and well-established estate agency, whose technical stack has been built with loving care to be high quality
- Enhanced sick pay and subsidised gym program
- Strong parental leave policy, with a generous shared parental leave system
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on email@example.com quoting OSC190.