Paging Dr. Perl
Cambridge, UK (see more)
Competitive salary based on experience
The Doctor is In!
It looks so straightforward on the telly. Man goes into the hospital complaining of a stomach ache. A gaggle of incredibly attractive young doctors discuss his symptoms and, after a harrowing few minutes, he comes out right as rain. Maybe you think to yourself, “If things were different, that could be me in the white coat.” Well, hold on to your stethoscope, because there’s a role available for a Senior Perl developer that will have them shouting, “Call Dr. Perl!”
This organization is one of the world’s leading developers of medical diagnostic technologies and clinical software. They believe in security, wellness, and the importance of driving innovation to deliver patient benefit. You won’t be in a white coat, but it’s better than that — your work will be used by the NHS, research labs, and healthcare providers worldwide. Let’s see Dr. McDreamy have that level of impact!
Savings lives (or testing RESTful APIs) can be exhausting. If you’re feeling beat, join your Perl-physician pals on a stroll through the 125-acre campus. Wave to the wetland ducks, pick a flower in the forest, and stop by the orchard on your way back — this beautiful campus is just what the doctor ordered.
Feeling under the weather yourself? Can’t muster the energy to go in? Not a problem! With their flexible work-from-home/work-from-the-office schedule, you can cut out some of the commute stress from your life — you deserve it after all from all the life saving work you’re doing! (**Note: Currently offices are closed and its a work-from-home day everyday for at least the next few months.)
This role will give you strong exposure to Python, five weeks of holiday with an increase over time, a pension with company match, bonuses, and subsidised healthcare. Best of all, they give you your birthday off because let’s face it, with all you’ve been doing to make the world a better place at work, you deserve a little “me” time.
Paging Dr. Perl, Dr. Perl to the inbox. If you’re ready to save lives without the gore of an ER, then we’ve got the prescription for you. Email us today!
Skills and Experience
- You’ve used DBIx::Class on a production project before – you know the difference in result between querying a resultset in an array vs a scalar context; bonus points if you’ve a strong working knowledge of Postgres
- Exposure to a Modern Perl framework, ideally one of Catalyst, Dancer or Mojolicious
- Experience of the following would also be handy: git, Template Toolkit, Docker (and Kubernetes), Moose, Plack, Scrum
About the Client
The company builds software that helps power research, clinical, and commercial health customers worldwide, including being a major supplier to the NHS; they’re helping to push forward an exciting branch of medicine.
- You’re literally writing software that will save lives
- You’ll be working on a beautiful campus, with extensive wildlife, greenlands, wetlands, orchard, wooded areas, and paths to allow you to enjoy it all properly – the perfect place to clear your head during breaks from programming
- 5 weeks of holiday, rising to six over time, plus your birthday off
- Pension with 6% company matching, bonus up to 15%, subsidised healthcare
This job is no longer officially open, but see below for how to register your interest in roles like this, and be told as if the company reopens hiring.
Want a job like this?
Enter your email address so we know how to get in touch.
We'll ask you some follow-up questions, and you can upload your CV or resume if you have one
All set! We'll get back to you in one working day with some jobs we think would be a great match for your skillset.