Enjoy Modern Perl with a properly Agile team in Manchester; mid-Level Perl Developer
Central Manchester, UK (see more)
Depending on experience
Tired of seeing endless London-based Perl jobs? Want to program Modern Perl in the Glorious North instead, where the people are friendly, the tea tastes right, and you don’t have to share a city with Boris Johnson?
You’ll be working on your choice of development equipment, in modern and spacious central-Manchester offices with a team who love continuous deployment, test-driven development, and simple easy-to-read code. The main application is written in Modern Perl and split into RESTful APIs, using Gearman and Memcached to deal with load spikes and batch work.
The company is profitable, well-established, and family-owned, and have a strong set of benefits, not least of which a most-excellent coffee machine. The tech team itself has a real focus on collaboration while coding (pair-programming and so on), but the company also has regular non-work events too to help you feel like part of a team. In addition, they’ll try and help you adjust to Manchester if you’re not currently based there with a rental deposit loan scheme and seasonal travel loans. Finally, they’ll try and keep you healthy with gym-membership contributions, an opt-in private health-care plan, and a cycle-to-work scheme.
So: if you’d like to be programming your favourite programming language outside of London, in a Modern way and in a collaborative environment, get in touch, and we’ll help you get the application started.
Skills and Experience
- Exposure to Modern Perl is essential; you should be comfortable with using Perl’s testing tools, not be scared of DBIx::Class, and have come to grips with at least one of Perl’s excellent MVCs
- Experience designing and integrating with RESTful APIs
- Exposure to tooling for managing loads and spikes like Gearman and Memcached would be awesome too
About the Client
Our client is a UK household-name, privately owned, in bright and modern offices in Central Manchester. Being family-owned, they’re able to invest in the long-term future of the company and really focus on their mission of helping their users.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season travel loans
- Matched pension contributions
- Gym membership contributions
- Optional private healthcare
- Rental deposit loan scheme
- Starting holiday allowance of 23 days + bank holidays, rising over time
This job is no longer officially open, but see below for how to register your interest in roles like this, and be told as if the company reopens hiring.