How do you look in a fig leaf?
Cambridge, UK (see more)
Competitive salary based on experience
Welcome to Paradise
You’re on the way to work. Maybe you drag your feet a little. Lately, you just haven’t been feeling it. Should you find another Perl gig? If only there was a sign… then you see a snake dangling from a tree. A little green fellow with a twinkle in his eye. He gives you a wink and tells you about a company that sounds so good, it might be Heaven.
This organization is one of the world’s leading developers of medical diagnostic technologies and clinical software. They believe in security, wellness, and the importance of driving innovation to deliver patient benefit. In short: do-gooders doing good! Isn’t it about time you felt positive about what you do? Imagine the brownie points you’ll earn with The Man Upstairs when your work is used by the NHS, research labs, and worldwide healthcare providers.
If polishing your halo at your divine new workplace gets too tiring, why not take a stroll? The company is located on a campus that covers 125 acres of lawn, grassland, wetland, orchard, and forest, with pathways through it all. Don’t be calling it a garden — this is a proper Paradise.
Not interested in hellish commutes to the office everyday? No problem! With their part-time on-site/part-time off-site flexible schedule, you can spend more quality time in your saintly robes.
While you’re stretching your legs, either walking across the office grounds or simply propping them up on the coffee table, a familiar-looking reptile may slither past to mention that in this role, you’ll have strong exposure to Python (if that’s not already your thing, what a heaven-send opportunity to learn!). Five weeks of holiday comes standard, rising over time. There’s a pension with company match, bonuses, subsidised healthcare, and did we mention they give you your birthday off? Glory, Hallelujah!
Ready to take a bite out of this shiny, red apple — er, role? Dust off your trainers, shoot us an email, and let’s hit the trail.
Skills and Experience
- You’ve used DBIx::Class on a production project before – you know the difference in result between querying a resultset in an array vs a scalar context; bonus points if you’ve a strong working knowledge of Postgres
- Exposure to a Modern Perl framework, ideally one of Catalyst, Dancer or Mojolicious
- Experience of the following would also be handy: git, Template Toolkit, Docker (and Kubernetes), Moose, Plack, Scrum
About the Client
The company builds software that helps power research, clinical, and commercial health customers worldwide, including being a major supplier to the NHS; they’re helping to push forward an exciting branch of medicine.
- You’re literally writing software that will save lives
- You’ll be working on a beautiful campus, with extensive wildlife, greenlands, wetlands, orchard, wooded areas, and paths to allow you to enjoy it all properly – the perfect place to clear your head during breaks from programming
- 5 weeks of holiday, rising to six over time, plus your birthday off
- Pension with 6% company matching, bonus up to 15%, subsidised healthcare
This job is no longer officially open, but see below for how to register your interest in roles like this, and be told as if the company reopens hiring.