Wanted: Junior Perl Developer Ready to Move Up from the Bunny Hill
Sevenoaks, Kent, UK (see more)
Depending on experience
Polish those skis, junior developers—it’s time to hit the slopes!
Junior developers—are you eager to leave the bunny hill behind but not quite ready for a double black diamond? Then slip on your ski boots and prepare to slalom, because we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Ready to catch a chairlift to your next big challenge? This role is located in charming Sevenoaks, Kent. Londoners, imagine an easy morning commute just you, the paper, and a nice hot cuppa. As if that weren’t relaxing enough already, you’ll have an exceptionally generous 25 days of annual leave in addition to all the other yummy holidays you’d expect. These generous folks offer an employer-matched pension scheme, so you’ll be set for retirement (unless you love the place so much that you never want to leave. We would totally understand).
The client helps charities fund raise online and manages online payment systems for landlords, so you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing you’re contributing to the greater good. And if that’s not enough for you, did we mention the annual company ski trip AND the chance to work in the mountains near Lake Geneva for a week each year, all expenses paid? Giving back never felt so good!
All right, junior developers: if you’ve got two years’ experience and there are some days when you aren’t completely terrified by _git_, then it’s time to hop off the bunny hill and swoosh on over to your new role!
Skills and Experience
- At least two years of commercial experience
- You’ve used an MVC framework at least in passing, and could take a stab at explaining what each letter in MVC stands for
- Comfortable writing SQL queries
- There are some days when you aren’t completely terrified by git
- You’ll need to speak English fluently
** Great to have**
- Modern Perl experience
- Solid experience with one of Dancer, Catalyst, or Mojolicious
- Experience testing your code with Perl’s testing modules
About the Client
Our client helps charities fund-raise online, and manages online payments systems for landlords. With every commit, you’ll be helping to funnel market to charities and making renting property just that little bit easier. We regularly bump into the company’s programmers at dev conferences, and their developers are well-known in the open-source community for their contributions to projects.
- A very generous 25 days of annual leave, in addition to Bank Holidays, public holidays, etc
- Employer-matched pension scheme
- Chance to work, expenses paid, in the mountains near Lake Geneva for one week a year
- Company winter sports trip once a year, in addition to the above!
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on email@example.com quoting OSC402.