That’s a Big Sandbox! Perl role in London
Canary Wharf, London, UK (see more)
£50,000–£70,000 GBP /year
Ready, set, DIG!
Sound the alarm, Perl Developers, this is not a drill. The organization whose servers handle a jaw-dropping 80% of the UK’s job ads is looking for a few good humans, and you could be one of them!
Imagine a giant sandbox full of data. Jobs are sprouting, CVs are blazing past, and you’re in the thick of it. If that mind-boggling reach doesn’t wow you, their client list surely will. With titans like Pepsi, Coke, Rolls Royce, and Boeing, this company is playing with the big kids.
Located in Canary Wharf, your new office is an easy-breezy commute from Kent and Essex, or anywhere along the Jubilee Line. Despite their massive presence in the UK, they are a relatively cozy group of 200. They cultivate a start-up feel with an established company’s security. Regular Hacker Days give you and your teammates the chance to prototype and build new features you think would be rad on the company’s dime. How’s that for believing in their people?
If you’ve got mad Perl skills and a hankering to mine the sandbox of data waiting for you, grab your shovel and pail and drop us an email!
Skills and Experience
The client is interested in anyone with experience building web apps in Perl, using one of the major Perl frameworks. If you’re a crack-hand with Catalyst, a Mojolicious master, or a distinguished Dance, they want you. You’ll be deploying apps your work to AWS, so experience would be handy, and the company’s big on testing, so they’d like you to know your way around Test::More.
About the Client
The company makes software that’s literally crucial to keeping recruitment running worldwide. Any time you see a job ad on an online job board in the UK, there’s a 80% chance it went through this company’s servers. Their client list includes virtually every large recruitment agency, every small recruitment agency, and they handle the recruitment software needs of Boeing, Pepsi, and Hilton.
The company is a small company with a lot of personality, owned by a (much) larger company with a lot of financial fire-power – all the best bits of working for a small and agile company with all the reassurance that comes from being part of a big group
- You’ll start with 25 days holiday a year, but that’ll rise by a day every year you’re there, up to 30; plus of course, all Bank Holidays and National Holidays
- Private health benefits, dental, eyecare and well-being subsidies, as well as life and disability benefits, and a personal pension with the company matching up to 3%
- Beautiful, modern offices that look out over the water in Canary Wharf; sunset over the water is something pretty special
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting OSC498.