Cooking Up Something Good. Perl role in London
London, UK (see more)
Inline with experience
Chef’s Kiss! This Job is Delish
Finding the right job is like stumbling upon the perfect recipe. You have everything you need to make it in the cupboards. You know exactly how long it’ll take to cook. With a dash of hard work and a pinch of luck, you’ll be feasting on this delicious new role in no time.
Our client is the head ‘chef’ of premium native advertising for technology, financial services, and corporate and lifestyle sectors. They’ve been roasting the competition for years and are responsible for the advertising on over 200 websites including the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, the Washington Post, and CNN Business. With a knack for tailoring content to a variety of site aesthetics, our client sets a banquet of advertising delights for over 349 million consumers around the world.
If your mouth is watering at the thought of joining this dynamic team and you’re a senior Perl programmer with a solid understanding of Go programming languages, they just might set a place for you at the table. Toss in a tablespoon of Python, a sprinkling of experience with frameworks like Django, and a strong understanding of databases like MySQL and NoSQL databases like Google BigTable, and they’ll move you to the head of their table!
Ideally situated in the heart of London, our client’s office is steps from restaurants, shops, pubs, and several tube stations. There is no end to the things you can walk to from the doorstep of your rather attractive building, and after a day delivering advertisements to business consumers across the globe, treat yourself to a pint at the local with your new pals. With a mid-sized team, you’ll keep the line moving without worrying about too many cooks spoiling the soup.
The perfect recipe — er, role — awaits those with the hunger to jump into projects and devise intriguing new features for their winning product. Ready to cook up something good? Shoot us an email and tell us why you’re the right fit for this plum role!
Skills and Experience
- Commercial experience with one of Mojolicious / Catalyst / Dancer
- Comfortable with Go and/or Python, or a willingness to learn
- Experience working with data at scale, especially experience with Google BigTable
- Exposure to Google Cloud Platform
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on email@example.com quoting OSC502.