Let’s do an experiment! Perl role in Canberra, Australia
Canberra, Australia (see more)
Depending on experience
Get your test tubes ready!
Attention, Perl programmers. We’re looking for those among you who loved their childhood chemistry sets and could spend hours studying their ant farms. Science buffs and genetics junkies, our client wants to hear from you.
The first thing to know is that this company does things differently. Most businesses try to sell users on their wares, but our client believes in going a step further. They begin by uncovering their clients’ needs and tailoring their tools to that need. Talk about service!
Applying this clever approach to the use of their innovative genotyping software, this thoughtful company helps to develop new species of plants. They deliver cost-efficient genotyping technology that promotes the development of better, stronger crops adapted to suit their environment. On a planet whose climate is changing, it sounds like the place to be is on the team designing hardy plants for our brave new world!
Are you brushing off your beakers with excitement? If so, let us break down the rest of what they’re looking for. You’ll be familiar with modern tooling and might have experience with Ansible, AWS, and Linux containers. MySQL, Postgres, and Solr are all nice-to-haves.
To compensate you for your efforts, you’ll receive an excellent annual bonus, flexible working hours, and the opportunity for work-from-home days after the initial six months onsite in Canberra. Take note, dear job hunter: this company is NOT sponsoring so only those on the ground in Australia with pre-existing rights to work are eligible.
All right, science fiends: it’s time to send in your CV and tell us why YOU are the perfect fit for this innovative company!
Skills and Experience
- Excellent Modern Perl skills, ideally with Dancer
- An openness to learning new things – there’s a learning curve regarding the domain knowledge, but they’ll be happy to teach you
**Nice to have:
- MariaDB and Postgres
- Exposure to biological and/or GIS data analysis
- Ansible / AWS / Linux containers
About the Client
Cutting-edge bioinformatics company
- International and multilingual workplace alongside people with interesting and diverse backgrounds
- Gain experience in bioinformatics, plant genetics and breeding
- Exposure to new approaches in data analysis
- Generous annual bonus
- Flexible working hours, withthe opportunity to work from home for a significant proportion of the week
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting OSC524.