Let’s do an experiment! Perl role in Canberra, Australia
Canberra, Australia (see more)
Depending on experience
Get your test tubes ready!
Attention, Perl programmers. We’re looking for those among you who loved their childhood chemistry sets and could spend hours studying their ant farms. Science buffs and genetics junkies, our client wants to hear from you.
The first thing to know is that this company does things differently. Most businesses try to sell users on their wares, but our client believes in going a step further. They begin by uncovering their clients’ needs and tailoring their tools to that need. Talk about service!
Applying this clever approach to the use of their innovative genotyping software, this thoughtful company helps to develop new species of plants. They deliver cost-efficient genotyping technology that promotes the development of better, stronger crops adapted to suit their environment. On a planet whose climate is changing, it sounds like the place to be is on the team designing hardy plants for our brave new world!
Are you brushing off your beakers with excitement? If so, let us break down the rest of what they’re looking for. You’ll be familiar with modern tooling and might have experience with Ansible, AWS, and Linux containers. MySQL, Postgres, and Solr are all nice-to-haves.
To compensate you for your efforts, you’ll receive an excellent annual bonus, flexible working hours, and the opportunity for work-from-home days after the initial six months onsite in Canberra. Take note, dear job hunter: this company is NOT sponsoring so only those on the ground in Australia with pre-existing rights to work are eligible.
All right, science fiends: it’s time to send in your CV and tell us why YOU are the perfect fit for this innovative company!
Skills and Experience
- Excellent Modern Perl skills, ideally with Dancer
- An openness to learning new things – there’s a learning curve regarding the domain knowledge, but they’ll be happy to teach you
**Nice to have:
- MariaDB and Postgres
- Exposure to biological and/or GIS data analysis
- Ansible / AWS / Linux containers
About the Client
Cutting-edge bioinformatics company
- International and multilingual workplace alongside people with interesting and diverse backgrounds
- Gain experience in bioinformatics, plant genetics and breeding
- Exposure to new approaches in data analysis
- Generous annual bonus
- Flexible working hours, withthe opportunity to work from home for a significant proportion of the week
This job is no longer officially open, but see below for how to register your interest in roles like this, and be told as if the company reopens hiring.