A Gem of a Perl role. Remote within UK & EU
London, UK OR Telecommute from Europe (see more)
Depending on experience
Forget the carrot or the stick — you’re the sort of full-stack Perl developer who does a spectacular job because you want to, not because someone offers you a treat or a correction. The opportunity to wear multiple hats gets your blood pumping, and if you have a passion for online tech publications, this is the role for you.
With over 40 million readers around the globe, our client goes deep on cloud services, artificial intelligence, software, hardware, electronics, culture, and space. You’ve heard that big news is coming down the pipeline about UFOs: who do you think will know what’s out there first? Sounds like a great time to join a team that knows the intergalactic chatter.
This role is 100% remote and it’s open to residents of the United Kingdom, Switzerland, and the European Economic Area. If your communication skills in English are out of this world, you’re in! Also, who even wants to get dressed for the office anymore, right?
If you enjoy developing your own tools with a little ingenuity and chewing gum, this is your time to shine. Ready to apply? Send us your CV today and let us know why you’re right for this role!
Skills and Experience
- Strong Perl is a must
- DBIx::Class experience
- Very comfortable on Linux, ideally Debian
- Exceptional autonomy to get stuff done
- Engaged and interested coworkers in a small, tight-knit team
Open to residents of United Kingdom, Switzerland, and the European Economic Area
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on email@example.com quoting OSC528.