Looking Boss! 100% remote Perl role within UK & EU
London, UK OR Telecommute from UK (see more)
Depending on experience
Are you your own best boss?
Being your own boss is great. The autonomy and the freedom to make the decisions that need to be made would be fantastic if it weren’t for the long hours, sleepless nights, and the possibility of your business swirling down the tubes. If only there were an established employer who gave you the space to feel like your own boss…
Can you guess where we’re going with this? If you answered, “Straight to the door of one of the top online tech publications,” you’re right!
Our client is looking for a full-stack Perl developer who takes autonomy to a new level. You’ll work like the business is your own because you’re the kind of person who takes pride in what they produce, and you’ll welcome the chance to dabble in multiple roles because you like to keep it fresh.
No two days are the same, so you’ll enjoy activities like managing the full life-cycle of software projects, developing new projects, refactoring legacy code, and exterminating (online) bugs. Best of all, this role is fully remote so you can dive in from the comfort of your living room/home office/kiddie pool. If you speak fluent English and you’re a resident of the United Kingdom, Switzerland, or the European Economic Area, this role is open to you.
Face it — your best boss is looking you in the mirror and telling you to take the plunge. Send us your CV today and let us know you want in!
Skills and Experience
- Strong Perl is a must
- DBIx::Class experience
- Very comfortable on Linux, ideally Debian
- Exceptional autonomy to get stuff done
- Engaged and interested coworkers in a small, tight-knit team
Open to residents of United Kingdom
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting OSC530.