Mad Men (and women) of London. Perl in London
London, UK (see more)
Inline with experience
Shaken or stirred?
The 1950s and 1960s saw the rise of the Madison Avenue ad man — hello, Don Draper. While much has changed since the days of three-martini lunches, advertisements are here to stay. Every magazine, billboard, and commercial wants to sell something, but it’s online advertising that’s truly tailored to the individual. Ever think about the technology behind those “Sponsored Financial Content” ads? Our client does.
The leader in premium native advertising for technology, financial services, and corporate and lifestyle sectors, our client is the power behind the advertising throne for over 200 websites, including Forbes, Wall Street Journal, CNN Business, and The Washington Post. Matching content to the unique aesthetic of each site, advertisers distribute bright, shiny ads to over 349 million consumers worldwide. Don Draper, eat your heart out.
Want to join these twenty-first century mad men (and women)? This dynamic team is looking for a senior Perl programmer with a strong understanding of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms. Add in a liberal dash of Python, experience with frameworks like Django, a solid understanding of databases like MySQL and NoSQL databases like Google BigTable, and you might be on your way to Madison Avenue (or London, because that’s where this role is based).
Well-located in London, your new office is within walking distance of Buckingham Palace. Tea with the Queen sounds like a nice way to spend your lunch break, doesn’t it? If visiting Her Royal Majesty isn’t your cup of tea, there are plenty more shops, restaurants, and pubs nearby for after-work drinks and socializing with your fellow ad-tech aces. With a mid-sized team, you’ll have enough coworkers to make it interesting, but not so many that you can’t remember which Ted once saw Bono queueing at the market.
If you’ve got the capability to take over projects, add fab new features to existing platforms, and take this already-excellent product to the next level, drop us an email and let us know — we’ll save you a martini.
Skills and Experience
- Commercial experience with one of Mojolicious / Catalyst / Dancer
- Comfortable with Go and/or Python, or a willingness to learn
- Experience working with data at scale, especially experience with Google BigTable
- Exposure to Google Cloud Platform
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on email@example.com quoting OSC500.