A Role that Makes Dollars (and Cents). Perl Developer Role in London
London, UK (see more)
Inline with experience
It Just Makes Good Cents
Forbes. The Washington Post. The Wall Street Journal. These business titans are only a few of the 200+ websites included on our client’s impressive roster. As one of the leading providers of premium native advertising for the financial services, technology, corporate, and lifestyle sectors, our clients develop the targeted advertising that makes their online users sit up and take notice.
To be the best in their field, our client has gathered a world-class team with the skills and expertise to tailor content to different site aesthetics. Reaching over 349 million consumers worldwide is a big responsibility, and this engaged team is more than up to the challenge.
If you are a senior Perl/JS programmer with a passion for finance and business, this could be the role you’ve been waiting for. Our client is looking for an individual who understands Go programming languages, is experienced with Python and Django, and knows the ins and outs of databases like MySQL, and NoSQL databases like Google BigTable. The ideal candidate will produce quality work and be equally adept working solo or in a team.
With an office located in the bustling centre of London, you’ve got an easy commute from one of several tube stations. When you’re not crushing the competition in the native advertising sector, you’ll enjoy walking to pubs and restaurants mere blocks from your office for after-work chilling with your team or stopping in for a quick spree at the shops to spend some of your hard-earned paycheque.
This role makes good dollars and cents for one dedicated senior Perl/JS programmer. Think you might be the perfect fit? Drop us a line and let us know why you’re right for this role!
Skills and Experience
- Commercial experience with one of Mojolicious / Catalyst / Dancer
- Comfortable with Go and/or Python, or a willingness to learn
- Experience working with data at scale, especially experience with Google BigTable
- Exposure to Google Cloud Platform
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting OSC514.