Your mission, should you choose to accept it . . .
West London, UK (see more)
Inline with experience
Shaken? Stirred? Not you.
You’ve always known you were meant for greatness. Managing a team of two or three has been great, but you’re ready to ascend to the next level. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to parachute into this plummy new role to hone your leadership skills and show those at the top that you’re ready for the next big leap.
The client bankrolling this exciting new mission is one of the UK’s leading estate agencies. With over 60 branches, they’ve got eyes everywhere. Their website is on fire, and that’s where you come in: they’re looking for a senior-level Perl programmer who is never shaken nor stirred, no matter the situation. If Modern Perl fits like a calfskin glove then this might be the role for you.
Your cover won’t be blown when you travel to the easily accessible Chiswick Business Park. Ride the tube shoulder to shoulder with commuters who have no idea that you—yes, you—are saving the world one new home at a time. Take your well-deserved breaks alongside the two-tiered lake, meander the boardwalks, or visit one of the many pop-up vendors for a little sustenance to replenish your energy before rejoining the fray.
You’ve got your mission, and this company has a mission, too. Their success is grounded in their insistence on hiring brilliant people, providing them with the best, most up-to-date technology, and giving them the autonomy to lead. This client is at the forefront of their industry, and it shows in their willingness to try new features that will improve the client experience.
All right, agent: you have your mission. Send us an email and let us know you’re in. This message will self-destruct in five, four, three …
Skills and Experience
- You’ll need to be very comfortable with Modern Perl, and that means you’ll need to have meaningful opinions about (and experience with) Moose, Plack, DBIx::Class, Test::More, and at least one Perl MVC framework
- The company has a microservice architecture, so you’ll have strong architectural skills, think about problems in terms of APIs and queues, and have exposure to recent DevOps practices
About the Client
Very well-known and well-established estate agency, whose technical stack has been built with loving care to be high quality
- Enhanced sick pay and subsidised gym program
- Strong parental leave policy, with a generous shared parental leave system
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on email@example.com quoting OSC466.