Pop Quiz and Your New Perl Role! 100% Remote within UK
Canary Wharf, London, UK (see more)
£50,000–£70,000 GBP /year
Quick, whip out your calculator and tell us: what do you get when you multiply 186 countries by 5 million ads posted each month? Go on, we’ll wait…
If you answered “my next career move” then you’re right!
The other acceptable answer would be that these dazzling stats belong to our client, an international company whose servers host over 80% of the UK’s job adverts. As a one-stop-shop for workers, recruiters, and employers, their enviable list of clients includes giants like Pepsi and Coke (no fighting, guys, there’s enough room in the carbonation game for you both). With over 15 million applications per month funnelling through their channels, they’re at the top of their industry and — lucky you — they’re looking for a Perl programmer to join their team.
This is the role for you if you want start-up vibes in an established company. Your pay cheque will always clear, the team is energized without being frantic, and you’ll still enjoy a dynamic workplace that embraces creativity, innovation, and positivity. If you find yourself missing the unstructured start-up, never fear — regular Hacker Days are held to give everyone the chance to work on features of their choice.
Not feeling the urge to commute during these socially distanced times and beyond? Not a problem. The role is 100% remote-friendly for folks in the UK.
Thousands of people are searching for jobs right now, but you’re the fortunate Perl pro who has found this one. What are you waiting for? Send your CV today and let us know why you want in!
Skills and Experience
The client is interested in anyone with experience building web apps in Perl, using one of the major Perl frameworks. If you’re a crack-hand with Catalyst, a Mojolicious master, or a distinguished Dance, they want you. You’ll be deploying apps your work to AWS, so experience would be handy, and the company’s big on testing, so they’d like you to know your way around Test::More.
About the Client
The company makes software that’s literally crucial to keeping recruitment running worldwide. Any time you see a job ad on an online job board in the UK, there’s a 80% chance it went through this company’s servers. Their client list includes virtually every large recruitment agency, every small recruitment agency, and they handle the recruitment software needs of Boeing, Pepsi, and Hilton.
The company is a small company with a lot of personality, owned by a (much) larger company with a lot of financial fire-power – all the best bits of working for a small and agile company with all the reassurance that comes from being part of a big group
- You’ll start with 25 days holiday a year, but that’ll rise by a day every year you’re there, up to 30; plus of course, all Bank Holidays and National Holidays
- Private health benefits, dental, eyecare and well-being subsidies, as well as life and disability benefits, and a personal pension with the company matching up to 3%
- Beautiful, modern offices that look out over the water in Canary Wharf; sunset over the water is something pretty special
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting OSC522.