The Cool Stuff You Wish They Taught in School. London based Perl Telecommute
London, UK OR Telecommute from Europe (see more)
Depending on experience
Back to … work?
There’s nothing like autumn to remind you of back-to-school. Newly sharpened pencils, new sneakers, the slickest Trapper Keeper on the block. Wait, do kids even write manually anymore, or is it all emojis? Doesn’t matter. Whether you’re an eleven-year-old with scraped-up knees or a thirty-eight-year-old whose knees ache after a run, one thing remains the same: you want to learn about cool stuff, and where better to work than a place with the scoop on all the fascinating things you wish they taught in school?
Our client is a leading online tech publication with more than 40 millions readers worldwide. Their articles cover electronics, hardware, software, AI, space, cloud services, and culture. They know what’s hot in the world of computers, and they tell the world all about it in crisp, engaging articles that are read from London, England, to London, Ontario. Don’t know where London, Ontario is? Maybe it’s time for a geography class refresher.
This tech talk titan operates out of a London office that offers the opportunity to work remotely. Keep your eyes on your own paper—this is a small, self-motivated team that thrives on working independently as well as collaborating. Unlike those school group assignments where you could fob the hard work off on someone else, everyone on this team has to pull their weight.
If this sounds like the role for you, toss us a note in class. Better yet, send us an email—less chance the teacher will see.
Skills and Experience
- Strong Perl is a must
- DBIx::Class experience
- Very comfortable on Linux, ideally Debian
- Exceptional autonomy to get stuff done
- Engaged and interested coworkers in a small, tight-knit team
Open to residents of United Kingdom, Switzerland, and the European Economic Area
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on email@example.com quoting OSC482.