Don’t go chasing waterfalls . . .
West London, UK (see more)
Inline with experience
On second thought—cannonball!
Iconic R&B group TLC would advise you not to go chasing waterfalls. They may have four multi-platinum albums and nine top-10 Billboard Hot 100 hits, but when it comes to this exciting role situated only a short stroll from a tranquil waterfall, they’re missing out! No Scrubs allowed, but if you’re ready to Kick Your Game into high gear, then read on.
Our client is just as famous as those big-time record producers, but without the terrible reputation. They’re one of the UK’s leading estate agencies, and with over 60 branches, they’ve got what it takes to make you a star (programmer, that is). Their website is scaling the charts, and if you can handle the spotlight, then you might be the senior-level Perl programmer that they want to sign.
Glamour and good times away in scenic Chiswick Business Park, home to a 45,000 square foot Virgin Active gym (cardio is key when you’re on stage), tons of food vendors and shops, and—you guessed it—their own waterfall. Whether you’re riding to work in a limo or on the tube, there are plenty of ways to arrive in style.
As titans of industry in their sphere, this client doesn’t sign just anyone. They only hire brilliant people, the cream of the crop, those who TLC would say are All That—could they be talking about you? Maybe you have experience with two or three back-up singers, but if you’re ready to step up to the mic and show them your leadership skills, this client will provide you with the best, most up-to-date technology to give you an edge and let your skills shine.
Now that you’ve heard what’s in it for you, This Is How It Works, don’t be a Creep—drop us an email and let us know that you’re ready for your next big thing!
Skills and Experience
- You’ll need to be very comfortable with Modern Perl, and that means you’ll need to have meaningful opinions about (and experience with) Moose, Plack, DBIx::Class, Test::More, and at least one Perl MVC framework
- The company has a microservice architecture, so you’ll have strong architectural skills, think about problems in terms of APIs and queues, and have exposure to recent DevOps practices
About the Client
Very well-known and well-established estate agency, whose technical stack has been built with loving care to be high quality
- Enhanced sick pay and subsidised gym program
- Strong parental leave policy, with a generous shared parental leave system
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on email@example.com quoting OSC468.