Python and Perl: Better Together! Perl/Python role in London
London, UK (see more)
Inline with experience
The most epic mash-up since peanut butter met jelly
Some things are better together. Chicken and waffles, peanut butter and jelly, and Perl and Python. Wait, what? Yes, you read that right. We’ve got a role open for a Senior Developer skilled in both Perl and Python.
Where better for a multi-talented developer like you than an organization at apex of their field? These premium native advertising gurus understand corporate, tech, financial services, and lifestyle technology. They’ve got a client roster that reads like a who’s who of the business and tech sectors, and their fabulous location in the centre of London will make you eager to get out of your flat and rejoin society.
Speaking of leaving the hermitage — remember when days had structure? Grown-up clothes, drinks after work with colleagues, stopping by the shops on your way home… ah. Those were the days, and those can be the days you have again with this role. After meeting your fun, dynamic team members, you’ll be out of your tracksuit faster than you can say “chunky peanut butter is better than smooth.”
Once you’ve adapted to the excitement of life outside your home, you’ll use server-side code, client-side code, databases, and websites to develop the software platform. If your Perl isn’t quite as shiny as your Python (or vice versa), this role may still be for you. As long as you’ve got the drive to brush up on whichever language is less strong, you may be the right fit for this independent, engaged team.
Interested? Send us your CV with your Perl and Python experience and your position on the “chunky versus smooth” peanut butter debate.
Skills and Experience
- Commercial experience with one of Mojolicious / Catalyst / Dancer
- Comfortable with Go and/or Python, or a willingness to learn
- Experience working with data at scale, especially experience with Google BigTable
- Exposure to Google Cloud Platform
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on email@example.com quoting OSC582.