Forget the carrot and stick! Perl role in London
London, UK (see more)
Inline with experience
Some people work for a paycheque, but not you. For you, it’s more than that. You take pride in your work. You go the extra mile not because there’s a carrot or a stick, but because that’s who you are. And if that’s who you are, lean in, because our client wants to talk to you.
A titan of premium native advertising, our client dominates the field in sectors like tech, business, financial services, and lifestyle technology. They have over 150 partner websites ranging from Reuters, Guardian, MSN, and Telegraph, and with a dazzling array of tools in their arsenal, they use promotional panels, email campaigns, and contextual links to deliver strong leads for providers that are the forefront of their industry.
As a company at the top of their game, they are looking for a Perl developer who is similarly eager to be the best. You’ll thrive in an environment where you work independently and in teams, and you enjoy writing code with a variety of languages. Your knowledge of JS and experience with frameworks like React will round out your understanding of MySQL and NoSQL databases like Google BigTable. Using server side code, client side code, databases, and websites, you’ll develop their software platform to connect with almost 350 million consumers worldwide. Talk about reach!
If you’re excited to prove your mettle with some of the best, email your CV today and tell us why you’re the only choice for this role!
Skills and Experience
- Commercial experience with one of Mojolicious / Catalyst / Dancer
- Comfortable with Go and/or Python, or a willingness to learn
- Experience working with data at scale, especially experience with Google BigTable
- Exposure to Google Cloud Platform
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on email@example.com quoting OSC540.