Cruise into this Dreamy Career. Perl role in Malta
Malta (see more)
Depending on experience
Our client recognizes that flexibility is important in a rapidly changing world, which is why they’re not hung up on labels. You’re into Perl? Come on board. Prefer JS? Get in here! If you’re a Back-End Developer who has experience with a modern programming language, there’s room for you on the deck of the SS Awesome Job.
These adaptable folks are an international company who pride themselves on making online trading a breeze. After twenty-plus years cruising the financial waters, they’re subject matter experts who provide a stable, engaging environment for their crew. Located in glorious Malta, they offer a supportive team that believes in open communication and solving problems together.
Now that you’re ship-side, you might wonder what your duties are. Day to day, you’ll be responsible for:
· Designing, building, and maintaining core application components
· Troubleshooting your code and stomping bugs
· Building automated unit and integration tests
· Performing code review
· Deploying new products and features in collaboration with others — you’re not alone in steering this ship!
Attention, mates: the Cruise Director has posted a list of benefits. In addition to a competitive salary, health benefits, ongoing learning sessions, and an onboarding program that is informative and fun, they offer a state-of-the-art tech stack and a modern office in the heart of the city. Come to work inspired; they’re all in favour of creative freedom.
This ship is leaving port, so if you want in, send us your CV now and let us know why you’re the right crewperson for this role!
Skills and Experience
Looking for Perl developers with a strong background in Modern Perl – you should be comfortable with Moose and PSGI/Plack, and a solid grounding in using Perl’s testing tools.
About the Client
Our client is an online financial services company, still rapidly expanding after 20 years of impressive growth. With a truly international presence, they’re well known globally in their niche. They have a deep commitment to Perl, and their CTO is one of CPAN’s most prolific authors. Their Malta office is close to the airport, and a short drive to Malta’s other scenic citties, like Valetta and St Julians.
Client is willing to sponsor visa for suitable candidates
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting OSC560.