A job with real flexibility. 100% remote Perl position
North American Timezones (see more)
Can you touch your toes?
With the kind of flexibility yoga instructors only dream of, we have a job that offers Perl developers the freedom to work the way they want. Forget COVID isolation: this company was 100% remote long before the pandemic, and they have the tools to keep their team running smoothly. Good news, developers: whether you’re in Timbuktu or Toronto, you can work here!
As one of the most popular open-source ticketing systems on the planet, this team knows what it takes to attract organizations of all sizes. With a diverse user base that includes academic institutions, government agencies, and security teams, their software is free to download, deploy, and modify. Their code is on GitHub, and they give as good as they get from the free software ecosystem.
Think you’d like to stretch your talents for this dynamic company? Here are the skills and experience that’ll make the client want you to namaste:
· A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 3+ years hands-on experience
· A Perl developer who has Mason, Moose, and Mojolicious
· Strong experience working remotely
· Mad skills at diagnosing and solving technical issues
· Experience with ticketing systems. Whether you’ve worked on them as a developer or even a user, wow us with your ticketing know-how!
Company perks are plentiful: in addition to working wherever and whenever you want (within a 40-hour workweek — let’s not get crazy!) they offer an open vacation policy, co-working reimbursement, coffee allowance, and all the tech you’ll need to kill it in your day-to-day efforts. With flexibility like that, you’ll be radiating Zen vibes 24/7.
If you want to grow your skillset at this engaging company, roll up your yoga mat and let us know why you’d fit right in with their global team!
Skills and Experience
- You’ve worked with others in a team before, in a commercial or in an open-source setting
- Linux SysAdmin experience, sufficient for deploying a large Perl application reliably
- A good customer manner and excellent written English, for interfacing with clients over email
- Got a good eye for design and user-experience? That’d be a big plus
About the Client
You’ll be working on truly open-source software that’s used across all industries, sectors and from tiny customers to the US government. The company is almost 20 years old and has been self-funded since day one. There are ample opportunities to grow your career with the company’s large codebase and the amazing number of ways in which it’s used. You’ll be able to work closely with customers if that’s your thing, helping them with their business processes and integrating the software into their workflows.
- Remote-first office - everyone is telecommute
- Healthcare and dental coverage
- Take as much holiday as you need
- It’s an open-source product, so your best work will end up on GitHub
This role is open to applicants worldwide with the requisite experience. That said, you’ll be expected to be available during US office hours every day and may have regular meetings during that time.
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting OSC552.