Is your Python as good as your Perl? Perl/Python role in London
London, UK (see more)
Inline with experience
In early 2020, remote work sounded great. No commute! Yoga pants as officewear! Now that 2022 has rolled around, the bloom is definitely off that rose. If staring at your same four walls is driving you bonkers, maybe it’s time for something new. Don’t change your address; all you need is a job in a great location to get you out of the house.
Our client is at the pinnacle of the premium native advertising game for corporate, tech, financial services, and lifestyle technology. Their client roster includes names like AOL, Guardian, Reuters, and Time Online, so you know they’re doing something right. They’ve got a stellar location in the heart of London to blast through your at-home blues. Just think — people! Shops! Restaurants - other than the same two you toggle between (yes, we’ve seen your order history).
Ready to get out there? Then read on to see if they’re looking for you.
This role is for a Senior Developer who is equally comfortable with Perl AND Python. If you’re stronger with Perl than Python or vice-versa, you should be willing to brush up on your knowledge until you’re fluent in both. You’ll use server-side code, client-side code, databases, and websites to develop their software platform. Able to work independently or in a team, you’ll be driven by your own will to succeed and not require a lot of handholding.
Let’s all agree that we could spend a little (okay, a lot) less time at home. Some folks need a reason to get out there, and if that’s you, why not take a job that will burst you out of your rut? Send us your CV today and tell us about your Perl/Python chops!
Skills and Experience
- Commercial experience with one of Mojolicious / Catalyst / Dancer
- Comfortable with Go and/or Python, or a willingness to learn
- Experience working with data at scale, especially experience with Google BigTable
- Exposure to Google Cloud Platform
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on email@example.com quoting OSC580.