Senior Perl Developer + NLP = Yes, Please! EU remote role
Amsterdam, The Netherlands (see more)
Competitive salary based on experience
From Finland to the Faroe Islands, this remote role is open to senior Perl developers who are within two hours of Amsterdam’s time zone. With the freedom to work from home you can institute t-shirt Mondays, curry lunch Tuesdays, and whatever else gets you jazzed to collab with data scientists to maintain and extend our client’s AI framework.
AI, you say? You heard right! This company is a global leader in machine intelligence, and they’re looking for a Natural Language Processing (NLP) whiz who has experience maintaining and improving large Perl applications and tooling ecosystems. Working with a crew of machine learning engineers, data scientists, and DevOps engineers, you will be part of the team that designs, builds, and deploys the AI models that power their products.
What skills are they looking for? Glad you asked. Their ideal candidate:
· Has oodles of modern Perl experience
· Can develop, profile, and maintain production level applications on Linux
· Understands algorithms and datastructures
· Has an interest in web development
If you have those skills, these folks want to talk to you. In fact, they’ll sweeten the deal with loads of opportunities for personal development, an uber-diverse team representing more than 30 nationalities, and, if you’re located in Amsterdam, an office that offers free lunch, snacks, and drinks.
This might just be the new role you’ve been looking for. If you’re saying “AI-yay-yay!” with glee over this one, send us your CV and tell us why!
Skills and Experience
- Strong Modern Perl
- Experience with, or keen interest in, Natural Language Processing
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on email@example.com quoting OSC606.