Perl to Node Cross-training? Yes Please! UK Remote Perl Role
Canary Wharf, London, UK (see more)
£50,000–£70,000 GBP /year
Imagine if every time you went to the gym, you only did upper body exercises. Your top half would be buff but your bottom half? Chicken legs. Cross-training is important, and not only in the weight room, which is why we’re looking for a junior or intermediate Perl developer interested in cross-training Perl to Node.
“The Great Resignation” has become the term for the exodus from jobs around the world as the pandemic wanes. Employees are poking their heads up and asking whether they would be happier somewhere else. Maybe you’re doing the same — and our client understands that. As an international company whose servers host more than 80% of the UK’s job adverts, they have over 5 million ads posted each month across 186 countries.
With an army of employers, recruiters, and job seekers on their sites, this is the time to shine for this thriving company. They’re looking for junior or intermediate Perl developers, Node engineers, and those with stellar Python and SQL skills. They embrace flexibility, and their ideal candidate will, too. Perl may be your core competency, but if you’re invested in cross-training to Node, you may be the full package that this client wants on their team.
This role is remote-friendly for those located within the UK. Without the grind of the daily commute, you’ll have more time to devote to perfecting your squat — or, you know, sleeping in. Whatever works for you. This company also offers regular Hacker Days, a great location in Canary Wharf for those who do want to come into the office, and cool vibes with fantastic folks.
If you’re ready to leave your current role for somewhere better, tell us how much you can deadlift — or maybe just send your CV.
Skills and Experience
The client is interested in anyone with experience building web apps in Perl, using one of the major Perl frameworks. If you’re a crack-hand with Catalyst, a Mojolicious master, or a distinguished Dance, they want you. You’ll be deploying apps your work to AWS, so experience would be handy, and the company’s big on testing, so they’d like you to know your way around Test::More.
About the Client
The company makes software that’s literally crucial to keeping recruitment running worldwide. Any time you see a job ad on an online job board in the UK, there’s a 80% chance it went through this company’s servers. Their client list includes virtually every large recruitment agency, every small recruitment agency, and they handle the recruitment software needs of Boeing, Pepsi, and Hilton.
The company is a small company with a lot of personality, owned by a (much) larger company with a lot of financial fire-power – all the best bits of working for a small and agile company with all the reassurance that comes from being part of a big group
- You’ll start with 25 days holiday a year, but that’ll rise by a day every year you’re there, up to 30; plus of course, all Bank Holidays and National Holidays
- Private health benefits, dental, eyecare and well-being subsidies, as well as life and disability benefits, and a personal pension with the company matching up to 3%
- Beautiful, modern offices that look out over the water in Canary Wharf; sunset over the water is something pretty special
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on email@example.com quoting OSC586.
How to apply for this job
Enter your email address so we know how to get in touch.
We'll ask you some follow-up questions, and you can upload your CV or resume if you have one
All set! We'll get back to you in one working day with more info about this role, and or maybe another role you might be interested in.