Get your foot in the door! UK/EU Remote Jr. Perl Developer
Canary Wharf, London, UK (see more)
£30,000 - £40,000
It can be difficult to get your first (or second) developer gig when everyone is looking for commercial experience, and quite honestly, you don’t have any (or much) to speak of. How do you get the commercial experience everyone is looking for when no one will hire you and give you a chance to get any?
We know that a lack of commercial experience doesn’t always reflect skill level, know-how, or programming brilliance. You know your stuff. You’re keen to grow and learn. You know that if someone would only just give you a chance, and let you in the door, you could really shine!
If that sounds like you, then we have some great news! We have the wide-open door you’re looking for!
Our client is currently looking to staff up some Jr. Perl developers for a 100% remote (within the UK and EU), permanent position. They want to find some fresh talent that can adapt and flourish in this role. Having modern Perl foundations and understandings is important, but the client is willing to overlook some knowledge gaps for the right developer who is eager to learn.
Maybe you’re straight off of a programming BootCamp or you’re a seasoned at-home programming dabbler, either way, this could be your first (or next) big step into the world of professional programming.
The door is wide open. All you need to do is step through it! … and also get in touch today, send us your CV, and let us know you’re ready to move forward in your programming career.
About the Client
The company makes software that’s literally crucial to keeping recruitment running worldwide. Any time you see a job ad on an online job board in the UK, there’s a 80% chance it went through this company’s servers. Their client list includes virtually every large recruitment agency, every small recruitment agency, and they handle the recruitment software needs of Boeing, Pepsi, and Hilton.
The company is a small company with a lot of personality, owned by a (much) larger company with a lot of financial fire-power – all the best bits of working for a small and agile company with all the reassurance that comes from being part of a big group
- You’ll start with 25 days holiday a year, but that’ll rise by a day every year you’re there, up to 30; plus of course, all Bank Holidays and National Holidays
- Private health benefits, dental, eyecare and well-being subsidies, as well as life and disability benefits, and a personal pension with the company matching up to 3%
- Beautiful, modern offices that look out over the water in Canary Wharf; sunset over the water is something pretty special
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting OSC554.