Senior Perl developers, is your safety on? Perl role in NZ/OZ
NZ remote OR (see more)
NZ$140k - $180
It has been ___ days since our last accident
The workplace can be a dangerous place, and we’re not just talking about eyestrain and carpal tunnel syndrome. Businesses today need to know their employees are up to date on their training, that their assets are maintained, and that all processes are managed efficiently and effectively. What does this have to do with you? Read on, Senior Perl developers!
Our client has developed an online system that tracks, monitors, and manages a whole host of safety issues, including team member competency, asset management, and compliance checks. They’ve centralized all the things that might trip an organization up into one convenient location, providing the information businesses need right when they need it. They’re keeping their clients safe one click at a time, and they want to add a Senior Fullstack Perl Developer to their team to help them do it.
Here are the goods on what you need to join the safest crew around:
· Located in New Zealand or in a similar time zone (this role is remote-friendly, but time zone is important)
· Strong experience with modern Perl, including web frameworks, templating, and DBIx::Class
· Solid SQL skills with MySQL
· Mad communication skills (written and oral; use your words, friends!)
· Experience with AWS, including EC2 and RDS
As the VID (Very Important Developer) responsible for the frontend and backend of feature development, you’ll be in charge of improving current features while rolling out new toys and tools to serve their client base. Working with HTML and JS, you’ll see new concepts tested and will deploy features and fixes into production.
Want in? Then we’ve got great news: they’ll adapt your initial schedule to you. Whether you want to start part-time or full-time, these flexible folks are amenable. Send us your CV today and let us know why you’re the safe bet for this adaptable company!
Skills and Experience
Dancer, DBIx::Class, React/Angular js, AWS, Linux, Mason
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting OSC608.