Summer is calling… Perl role in Malta
Malta (see more)
Depending on experience
Waves, parties, and your new job!
Perl programmers, your skills are in demand. Sure, you could keep slogging away in your current role, but maybe it’s time to try something — or somewhere — new. Consider Malta: azure waters, 300 days of sunshine per year, and a population widely known as some of the friendliest people in the world. Doesn’t that sound like the place you want to be?
Our client is an international financial company with offices around the world. With a global presence and the kind of growth that would make a beanstalk blush, they’re looking to expand their team. If you’re a Perl programmer with a side interest in online trading, you’ll be a natural in this role. Best of all, this company has a solid twenty-year history under their belt and are known for providing a stable, engaging environment for their team.
So, why Malta? Let us break it down for you:
· Culture galore, including a summer full of weekly festivals in each village
· Ancient ruins, shipwrecks, and a history that spans thousands of years
· Have you seen the water? Postcards got nothing on Malta
· Sunshine, sunshine, sunshine
· Folks are friendly; you’ll have a new posse of Maltese pals in no time
As a member of the EU, transitioning to life in Malta is a warm sea breeze. English is one of their official languages, meaning communication is straightforward, and government documents will be in a language you recognize. Healthcare in Malta is incredibly reasonable, and a positive work-life balance will lead to fewer doctor visits. Malta is safe, welcoming, and teeming with beautiful vistas and charming restaurants.
Ready to hop a plane to Malta? Send us your CV and let’s get you on your way!
Skills and Experience
Looking for Perl developers with a strong background in Modern Perl – you should be comfortable with Moose and PSGI/Plack, and a solid grounding in using Perl’s testing tools.
About the Client
Our client is an online financial services company, still rapidly expanding after 20 years of impressive growth. With a truly international presence, they’re well known globally in their niche. They have a deep commitment to Perl, and their CTO is one of CPAN’s most prolific authors. Their Malta office is close to the airport, and a short drive to Malta’s other scenic citties, like Valetta and St Julians.
Client is willing to sponsor visa for suitable candidates
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on email@example.com quoting OSC542.