Perl Programmer with Rust Experience - UK Remote
London, UK OR Telecommute from UK (see more)
Depending on experience
Are you a talented Perl programmer with Rust experience looking to work for a cutting-edge enterprise tech publisher that’s at the forefront of the industry? Look no further than our client, a renowned publisher that provides unique news and stimulating perspectives on the enterprise tech that powers businesses across the globe.
As a Perl programmer, you’ll be responsible for managing the full life-cycle of software projects, from consultation with the business to designing, developing, and testing code. You’ll work on back-end Perl code that runs on Debian servers, but don’t worry if Rust is more your thing - the client is planning to transition some of their codebase over to Rust over time, and any Rust experience you have is a big plus. You’ll ensure that the client’s website remains top-notch and that their journalists have the necessary tools to provide great content to their readers.
The ideal candidate is a versatile problem-solver who’s eager to learn and grow. You have excellent communication skills, strong written and verbal English, and the legal right to work in the UK. You have great Linux experience and are familiar with common UNIX tools. Experience with templating systems, Apache and nginx, and working with both MySQL and PostgreSQL is a bonus.
Our client’s tech team is small, distributed, focused, and autonomous, and they favour open-source tools.
If you’re a talented Perl programmer who has Rust experience and a passion for delivering high-quality work, we want to hear from you! Join a team of exceptional professionals and help shape the future of enterprise tech publishing.
Skills and Experience
- Strong Perl is a must
- DBIx::Class experience
- Very comfortable on Linux, ideally Debian
- Exceptional autonomy to get stuff done
- Engaged and interested coworkers in a small, tight-knit team
Open to residents of United Kingdom
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on email@example.com quoting OSC622.
How to apply for this job
Enter your email address so we know how to get in touch.
We'll ask you some follow-up questions, and you can upload your CV or resume if you have one
All set! We'll get back to you in one working day with more info about this role, and or maybe another role you might be interested in.