UK Remote Perl Programmer for Leading Enterprise Tech Publication
London, UK OR Telecommute from UK (see more)
Depending on experience
Our client is a global leader in the enterprise technology publishing industry, providing audiences worldwide with stimulating perspectives and unique news on enterprise tech that matters today and tomorrow. They are seeking a talented Perl programmer to manage the full life-cycle of software projects on a remote basis. The ideal candidate must be UK-based and have experience writing high-quality Perl code.
You will ensure the the client’s website remains top-notch and that journalists have the tools they need while communicating effectively with your wider team.
Required qualifications include excellent communication skills, strong written and verbal English, right to work in the UK, great Linux experience, and familiarity with common UNIX tools. Experience with templating systems, Apache and nginx, and working with both MySQL and PostgreSQL is a bonus.
If you’re a talented Perl programmer with a passion for delivering high-quality work and a desire to learn and grow with a small and focused team, we want to hear from you!
Skills and Experience
- Strong Perl is a must
- DBIx::Class experience
- Very comfortable on Linux, ideally Debian
- Exceptional autonomy to get stuff done
- Engaged and interested coworkers in a small, tight-knit team
Open to residents of United Kingdom
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting OSC620.