Save the world then go get piste -- Mid-level Perl developer and ski-master in Sevenoaks, Kent
Sevenoaks, Kent, UK (see more)
Inline with experience
- Work for a company who are actively making the world a better place;
- They have an annual skiing trip;
- Fancy a change? Opportunities to work from their satellite offices in South Africa and Switzerland from time to time
- Based in Sevenoaks – escape that London feeling
Like parents aren’t meant to have favourite kids, recruiters aren’t meant to have favoured clients. But not every client’s invited me to a BBQ in their beautiful alpine offices, and there aren’t many clients whose developers I saw at 5 separate Perl conferences last year…
You’ll be working with a Modern Perl stack deployed to AWS on Mojolicious with a strong focus on testing and continuous integration, and the infinite wisdom of one of CPAN’s most prolific (and nicest) contributors at hand.
The company helps charities fundraise online and works in online payments; you’ll literally be saving the world a little bit with every line of code you commit. And while you’ll be well rewarded in financial terms, you’re also likely to enjoy the annual ski trip for the company’s developers, or popping over to South Africa to work from the offices there.
I’ve placed three very happy developers there this year … come be number four, and save the world!
About the Client
Our client helps charities fund-raise online, and manages online payments systems for landlords. With every commit, you’ll be helping to funnel market to charities and making renting property just that little bit easier. We regularly bump into the company’s programmers at dev conferences, and their developers are well-known in the open-source community for their contributions to projects.
- A very generous 25 days of annual leave, in addition to Bank Holidays, public holidays, etc
- Employer-matched pension scheme
- Chance to work, expenses paid, in the mountains near Lake Geneva for one week a year
- Company winter sports trip once a year, in addition to the above!
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting OSC309.