Job ref: OSC314 - Location: London
Some people are true specialists, they have learnt every little detail behind one programming language and in their field they can’t be matched. There is however a growing demand for the multilingual, for those who work hard to become senior but have a killer toolbox at their disposal.
This is a chance to keep those tools sharp and shiny while working with a small fun team. A chance to work with a platform that is growing fast and gives you the chance to stay with the same team without always doing the same thing.
Our client is looking for someone with the experience and skill to help their growing platform achieve even more successful goals.
The ideal candidate is someone who’s been working with Perl, Go and Python for a while. Someone who can take over projects, add new features to the existing platform and collaborate with the team to make an already triumphant product continue to grow.
- Good knowledge of Perl but not necessarily all the modern tools
- Strong knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms
- Knowledge of the Python programming language - experience with frameworks such as django.
- Good understanding of databases - in particular MySQL and NoSQL databases such as Google BigTable. Experience at scale.
Basic knowledge of Linux systems administration.
Desirable Knowledge or interest in:
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
image is: “View, construction, thought, toy” by Nathan Sawaya Copyrights under Creative Commons CC0