Senior Perl Contractor who wants to Learn Python -- Cambridge, UK
Cambridge, UK (see more)
Competitive salary based on experience
* Perl codebase running very commercially successful product in rapidly expanding company
* New features in a mixture of Perl and Python – a chance to cross-train to Python with no prior experience needed
* Perl team has made a couple of excellent, competent, and friendly hires recently
* London contractor rates!
Experience with a Modern Perl stack is a pre-req, and there are some dragons to fight in the existing codebase, but an awesome opportunity.
Skills and Experience
- You’ve used DBIx::Class on a production project before – you know the difference in result between querying a resultset in an array vs a scalar context; bonus points if you’ve a strong working knowledge of Postgres
- Exposure to a Modern Perl framework, ideally one of Catalyst, Dancer or Mojolicious
- Experience of the following would also be handy: git, Template Toolkit, Docker (and Kubernetes), Moose, Plack, Scrum
About the Client
The company builds software that helps power research, clinical, and commercial health customers worldwide, including being a major supplier to the NHS; they’re helping to push forward an exciting branch of medicine.
- You’re literally writing software that will save lives
- You’ll be working on a beautiful campus, with extensive wildlife, greenlands, wetlands, orchard, wooded areas, and paths to allow you to enjoy it all properly – the perfect place to clear your head during breaks from programming
- 5 weeks of holiday, rising to six over time, plus your birthday off
- Pension with 6% company matching, bonus up to 15%, subsidised healthcare
This job is no longer officially open, but see below for how to register your interest in roles like this, and be told as if the company reopens hiring.