Sick of jobs lacking purpose? This Perl job literally cures the world’s ills
Cambridge, UK (see more)
Competitive salary based on experience
Want to help push forward the boundaries of medical science? Join a team of brilliant minds developing the software to allow scientists to cure diseases.
Based out of the leafy city of Cambridge – a home for everyone from Darwin to Hawking – you’ll be working for a company specialising in genomics, whose platform aids clinicians in investigating the human genome, identifying diseases and working to beat them.
If you subscribe to Einstein’s view that “creativity is intelligence having fun”, you’ll be in very good company, working within a Cambridge science park surrounded by smart people looking to make difference. They pay well too, without being in central London.
The company is looking for modern Perl developers with a strong interest in Python. You won’t just be showing off your skills, you’ll be able to expand and build upon them too. Fancy putting your good genes to use in one of England’s smartest, most beautiful cities? Want a role that has a tremendously positive impact on society? Get in touch, and let’s get you making a difference
Skills and Experience
- You’ve used DBIx::Class on a production project before – you know the difference in result between querying a resultset in an array vs a scalar context; bonus points if you’ve a strong working knowledge of Postgres
- Exposure to a Modern Perl framework, ideally one of Catalyst, Dancer or Mojolicious
- Experience of the following would also be handy: git, Template Toolkit, Docker (and Kubernetes), Moose, Plack, Scrum
About the Client
The company builds software that helps power research, clinical, and commercial health customers worldwide, including being a major supplier to the NHS; they’re helping to push forward an exciting branch of medicine.
- You’re literally writing software that will save lives
- You’ll be working on a beautiful campus, with extensive wildlife, greenlands, wetlands, orchard, wooded areas, and paths to allow you to enjoy it all properly – the perfect place to clear your head during breaks from programming
- 5 weeks of holiday, rising to six over time, plus your birthday off
- Pension with 6% company matching, bonus up to 15%, subsidised healthcare
This job is no longer officially open, but see below for how to register your interest in roles like this, and be told as if the company reopens hiring.
Want a job like this?
Enter your email address so we know how to get in touch.
We'll ask you some follow-up questions, and you can upload your CV or resume if you have one
All set! We'll get back to you in one working day with some jobs we think would be a great match for your skillset.