Work with Perl, Go and Python for one of London’s strongest brands
London, UK (see more)
Inline with experience
Some of us are so curious by nature that we can’t stop learning things, you might have started with Perl and gotten really good at it but that wasn’t enough, not when there’s fun new things emerging every day! And our client is looking for someone just like that, who is not afraid to jump into a Go code base or work some Python when needed.
This position calls for a senior developer who loves team work and generally has the following skill set:
- Good knowledge of Perl but not necessarily all the modern tools
- Proficiency with Go programming language, its paradigms, constructs, and idioms
- Being comfortable with Python - preferable with experience with frameworks such as django.
- An understanding of databases - in particular MySQL and NoSQL databases such as Google BigTable.
- Basic knowledge of Linux systems administration.
Skills and Experience
- Commercial experience with one of Mojolicious / Catalyst / Dancer
- Comfortable with Go and/or Python, or a willingness to learn
- Experience working with data at scale, especially experience with Google BigTable
- Exposure to Google Cloud Platform
This job is no longer officially open, but see below for how to register your interest in roles like this, and be told as if the company reopens hiring.