Live in sunny Oxford, walk to work along the canal, squeaky clean Perl codebase
Oxford, UK (see more)
Commensurate with experience
Friendly and Perl-committed company based in Oxford who build a very popular software product. They use Catalyst + Starman, DBIx::Class, and are heavily bought in to Moose. Despite having been running for many years, almost none of the code is older than 3 years after a successful ground-up rewrite. FreeBSD users. It’s a small team, with a start-up feel, so day to day work can include anything and everything from database schema design and optimisation, high-throughput scaling work, to UI/UX design, to almost anything else!
Skills and Experience
You’ll need to be adept with Modern Perl. The client uses the following tools heavily, and any experience of those would be beneficial:
- SQL and PL/PGSQL
- UI/UX design
About the Client
Our client was founded fifteen years ago in Oxford, on a mission of integrity in an industry that has its share of bad actors. Today they’re a market leader, and you can find their offices in Oxford, London, and in the USA. They’ve almost 5,000 professional users worldwide who rely on their software for their most important day-to-day work.
They’ve tried to make working for them as rewarding, fun, and friendly as possible, with frequent social events across the company. They’re also very focussed on charity giving, with a charity committee who hold fundraising events in and around Oxford, with plenty of opportunity for participation if that’s your thing.
- Excellent salaries and regular payment reviews so your hard work will continue to be recognized
- Plenty of opportunity to grow and progress within the organization
- Your choice of computer hardware to make sure you’re at your most comfortable and production
- Flexible hours, including potential for doing some of your work from home
- If you’re moving into Oxford, they’ll help with some relocation costs
- Private Healthcare scheme to keep you healthy
- Strong company pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance, with an extra day off for your birthday
This job is no longer officially open, but see below for how to register your interest in roles like this, and be told as if the company reopens hiring.
Want a job like this?
Enter your email address so we know how to get in touch.
We'll ask you some follow-up questions, and you can upload your CV or resume if you have one
All set! We'll get back to you in one working day with some jobs we think would be a great match for your skillset.