A New Adventure is only a Click Away. Perl Developer role in London
Canary Wharf, London, UK (see more)
£50,000–£70,000 GBP /year
Every day, millions of people think of chucking their current job in favour of a new one. Some of those people even go so far as to peruse job ads, and a fraction of those take the plunge and apply. If you’re one of those bold folks eager for a fresh start in a new place and you’ve got strong Perl skills, we’ve got the role for you.
Our client knows all about what drives a person to move on from a stagnant job. An international company whose servers are home to more than 80% of the UK’s job ads, they are the first and last stop for many recruiters, employers, and workers. With a client list that reads like a who’s who of big business (hello, Pepsi, Coke. Don’t worry, Rolls Royce, we see you over there), their reach is outstanding and their reputation is second to none.
Sounds like a great place to work, right? But maybe you worry you’ll miss the chill vibe of that little start-up you’ve been at for the last few years. Fear not: this team has the power of an established company with the passion of a new venture. They pride themselves on an inclusive, dynamic corporate culture that promotes positivity, innovation, and creativity. Walking the walk comes easy to them with regular Hacker Days, which give team members the chance to play.
With a fabulous Canary Wharf location, you’re surrounded by acres and acres of gleaming retail and office spaces. As nice as that is, with everyone working from home at the moment, and with the projected plans to remain work-from-home-friendly, can any location really beat the comforts of your own abode? Didn’t think so!
You wouldn’t have clicked on this link if you didn’t want a new adventure, so why not go that one extra step? Submit your CV today!
Skills and Experience
The client is interested in anyone with experience building web apps in Perl, using one of the major Perl frameworks. If you’re a crack-hand with Catalyst, a Mojolicious master, or a distinguished Dance, they want you. You’ll be deploying apps your work to AWS, so experience would be handy, and the company’s big on testing, so they’d like you to know your way around Test::More.
About the Client
The company makes software that’s literally crucial to keeping recruitment running worldwide. Any time you see a job ad on an online job board in the UK, there’s a 80% chance it went through this company’s servers. Their client list includes virtually every large recruitment agency, every small recruitment agency, and they handle the recruitment software needs of Boeing, Pepsi, and Hilton.
The company is a small company with a lot of personality, owned by a (much) larger company with a lot of financial fire-power – all the best bits of working for a small and agile company with all the reassurance that comes from being part of a big group
- You’ll start with 25 days holiday a year, but that’ll rise by a day every year you’re there, up to 30; plus of course, all Bank Holidays and National Holidays
- Private health benefits, dental, eyecare and well-being subsidies, as well as life and disability benefits, and a personal pension with the company matching up to 3%
- Beautiful, modern offices that look out over the water in Canary Wharf; sunset over the water is something pretty special
Why Apply with Perl Careers?
Some of our clients you may already be familiar with, and some you'll have never heard of. But in our opinion, you're always best off applying through Perl Careers. Why?
- We'll work with you to make sure your CV / résumé is the strongest it can be before we submit it; we know what our clients are looking for, and we'll work with you to make sure your most relevant experience is highlighted;
- We can chase your application and argue your case in a way that would look pushy if you did it; we have strong relationships with our clients, they trust our advice, and we talk to them very frequently;
- We have the same interest in getting a great salary as you do; our remuneration is based on a percentage of your starting salary, and we know how much the client is willing to pay -- we do a lot of negotiation behind the scenes.
It won't shock you to know that we know these are complicated and confusing times, and so do our clients. Bearing that in mind, there'll be a lot of flexibility with how your new role comes together. Whether that means that you start the first few months of your next job working at home, or delay relocating for a new role, we'll work with you and our clients to make sure you can start your next role safetly and in line with health advice.
Let's do this!
Interested in finding out more? Want to get the application process started? There's an application form up and to your right on this page (or maybe below if you're on a very small screen), or you can simply email us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting OSC518.