If Jurassic Park has Taught us Anything, it’s that Science is Awesome!
Canberra, Australia (see more)
Depending on experience
Also, don’t mess with dinosaurs.
A handful of humans, an island teeming with dinosaurs, and a wicked storm bearing down—what could go wrong? Our latest role won’t send you out to be hunted by a gang of raptors, but if you found yourself intrigued by the science behind the movie, then we might have the perfect job for you.
This company’s innovative software provides genotyping information about crops and is used to develop new species of plants. With your help, they’ll continue to be on the cutting edge of science, but don’t worry, they’re not extracting dino DNA to bring back T-Rex… or are they? Guess you’ll have to join the team to find out!
To make it to the inner circle, you need to have modern Perl skills. Ideally, you’ll have an interest in genome technology and bioinformatics. If you spend your weekends reading science magazines and think smarter crops are key to our future, they want to hear from you. And if you happen to have experience with Ansible, AWS, Linux containers, MySQL, Postgres, and Solr, they’ll be ready to fly you off to their private Costa Rican island for a meet-and-greet.
We might be stretching the truth about the private Costa Rican paradise, but with a mission that includes developing cost-efficient genotyping technology and promoting the development of crops adapted to suit their environment, this is a company that cares about doing great things. They want their people to be as happy as the crops they breed, so they offer an excellent annual bonus, flexible working hours, and the ability to work much of your time from home after the initial 6 months onsite in Canberra to get up to speed on the need-to-know details.
Intrigued? If you want to know more about this role and you’re located in Australia, send an email our way and let us know you want to be part of the next big thing in crop science!
Skills and Experience
- Excellent Modern Perl skills, ideally with Dancer
- An openness to learning new things – there’s a learning curve regarding the domain knowledge, but they’ll be happy to teach you
**Nice to have:
- MariaDB and Postgres
- Exposure to biological and/or GIS data analysis
- Ansible / AWS / Linux containers
About the Client
Cutting-edge bioinformatics company
- International and multilingual workplace alongside people with interesting and diverse backgrounds
- Gain experience in bioinformatics, plant genetics and breeding
- Exposure to new approaches in data analysis
- Generous annual bonus
- Flexible working hours, withthe opportunity to work from home for a significant proportion of the week
This job is no longer officially open, but see below for how to register your interest in roles like this, and be told as if the company reopens hiring.